Tuesday, December 16, 2008

weather.com

Like most other bike commuters Weather.com is one of my most frequently visited sites. I often roll out of bed and automatically direct my browser to the a weather site. This is how I decide if I need to wear ski goggles and a mask for my commute. One of the developers working in my department wrote up some code so my work computer's wallpaper is a live animated image of Michigan weather. As I was leaving work, this is what the map was showing. . .



I wonder if Google is trying to make Michiganders feel better about what is ahead because instead of snow for my Gmail template I see a sunny day.

4 comments:

nester said...

i parked inside - weather says rain today. any way to share your code man? my work desktop is stock microsoft tropical island landscape... so deceiving.

Khalid said...

It is in the mail. I hope you like it. You will probably need to tweak the code.

nester said...

tweaked now for viewing earth science picture of the day... i like your code.

Khalid said...

Actually one of my co-workers wrote most of it.
Good idea about the pic of the day.

Sitemeter