Tuesday, April 24, 2007

sleepy time




I hate sleeping! As a child one of the only things that got me in trouble was not going to sleep on time. I NEVER participated in the country-wide afternoon siesta; it seemed like such a foolish idea. I am not sure if this is still true but at least nine years ago the country would shut down in the afternoon. It was so irritating to think that everyone was just laying in bed and wasting their time when they could be so productive. I remember biking laps around our neighbourhood all afternoon.
Not much has changed for me since childhood but with the stress of grad school, I think my brain is fried by midnight . I hate to concede but I just don't think I can live on the 4 hours per night schedule anymore. For the last week, I have been sleeping at the same time as most 'neurotypical' people. Lets see how it goes.

4 comments:

Ian! said...

See, I love sleep. What's kind of odd is that I can never bring myself to GO to sleep. It always seems like I can find better (or at least more fun) things to do with my time at night.

But I have the hardest time getting up in the morning. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

heyy U update!

- IRUM

Unknown said...

still no updates :o(

Anonymous said...

Dude, where are you? Did you go to Pakistan yet?

Sitemeter